We know there are many kinds of purpose instruments we use subwoofers like sound boxes, loudspeakers, in the car, cassette players etc. Most of the time the Subwoofer is mainly used in the movie theatre.
When people go to watch a movie in a movie theatre, if the sound of a subwoofer suddenly starts popping in the middle of the movie, people may get annoyed. Or they may not want to go to that movie theatre. Just like that again when you are in an important situation, that’s the time the soundbox or loudspeaker starts popping, It would be so embarrassing for you.
Common Discussion About Subwoofer Make A Popping Noise
So to avoid these problems you should be good to know about all the ranges of the Subwoofer and Importance of those. The typical frequency range for a subwoofer is about 20–200 Hz for consumer products.
It is basically used with any loudspeaker and it helps the consumer to protect the higher or lower sound. There are another two condition ranges of subwoofers for different purposes. One is the professional live sound the range of the subwoofer should be below 100 Hz. and another is For THX-certified systems the range should be 80 Hz.
But when this range will change or any problem is created with these technical issues, the subwoofer makes popping or noise. Other things are if you suddenly increase the subwoofer’s volume or add extra volume to the volume tap, then the subwoofer’s sound can cause sound popping.
Again, a loose connection may also exist in the wire connections to the amplifier or any loudspeaker. Voice coil, or in the subwoofer itself. When the current suddenly goes out, the sound of the subwoofer’s sound can be pushed. And the sound can be popped.
We can take various steps to prevent this problem. Before we have this problem, we can prevent this problem from happening by taking some basic precautions.
Some recommended steps before buying
Here are the things to look for when you are going to buy or selecting a subwoofer:-
- You have to buy a Subwoofer after seeing the good quality of these.
- You must have to see the right power rating and volume top of the subwoofer.
- If possible, try to buy a good warranty level subwoofer.
- You need to know the quality of these inner certification screens.
- You have to ensure the best quality of wireless capability is eliminated.
- Make sure that you find an option with low quantities of distortion, to ensure the highest quality sound.
Some precautions after buying
Besides, after buying a subwoofer all the precautions that you have to be taken:-
- You should not play too loud a sound.
- Don’t increase or decrease the volume unnecessarily.
- Don’t push the subwoofer with any sharp or hard things.
- You should keep the subwoofer away from children.
- Low-frequency bass output needs more power to reproduce low-frequency sounds.
- Please note that when you can set the subwoofer and down-firing. The exposed driver should not be reset in any way or that there is no harm.
- If you have a wired subwoofer, with a single RCA-style cable running to it. Chances are you can upgrade your sub.
Follow these steps for preventing popping noise
Even after that due to subwoofer popping noise what you need to do:-
- At first, you need to fix your range level with the current condition.
- You have to fix it under the 20-200 Hz range for different purposes of the subwoofer.
- If the cable inside the subwoofer is damaged or torn, it needs to be fixed.
- You have to turn off the stereo receiver.
- You should ensure the speaker wires are properly connected to both the speakers and stereo receiver.
- If the issue is still unresolved, we should reset the receiver to the factory default settings.
If you think the subwoofer is not as loud as before or to avoid the popping noise of your subwoofer or this kind of sound you have to make the right activities .when you can do this, you will try to comply with the above conditions. Then maybe you will get rid of the annoying popping noise of the subwoofer.